Monday, July 14, 2008

To Merge or Not To Merge, That is the Question...


I spent tons of time separating my Etsy shops so that my main shop wouldn't look all cluttered. At one point I was up to three shops. This past January, I finally got my branding and a look that I'm happy with for my Auntie Di's shop, so I'm pleased as punch with it. Now I am contemplating my paper shop and trying to figure out what to do with it. Do I put all my paper goods back into my regular shop? When I had it set up like that, sales on paper goods were very sluggish, almost nil. Or do I keep it separate and try to find some kind of branding I like for it? I think that's it, I'm not in love with the branding. It's cute, but cute is so not me. Maybe I could brand them the same, or would that be too confusing? Back when I had a lot of time to log in, log out, log in, log out I didn't mind three stores, but for the sake of my sanity now, I'm wondering if I shouldn't go back to one. To top it off, I always find that one of my shops is falling by the wayside in my efforts. I'm not treating them fairly.

If I combine them all again, would people be more likely to purchase combined items?

No comments: