Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Musings About Soy Wax Tarts


Chocolate Turtle Brownie Soy Wax Tart Melts $4.00


So for a while now, I have been trying to figure out why I'm just not getting into The Tempting Tart like I should be. I have enough scents to make tarts for ages! Anyway, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I love the branding. I love the idea of tarts, it's just that nothing was getting done. The other day I was up in my craft area, and I figured it out. Could you believe it was something as simple as the shape? I mean, I've been collecting all these molds, with all these grand ideas to do with them, and my heart just wasn't in it. But I'm on the ball now!! Yesterday I deleted my whole shop, and I'm restocking as we speak! I'm going to offer muffin shaped melts (round ones) in 2 size packs, a 4 pack and a 6 pack. The delicious food scents will be made into grubby type melts, ones that look like real muffins. And now, I have a purpose, and LOTS of ideas!

For those of you that don't know what a wax tart is (also called a melt), it's a highly scented, wickless alternative to a candle. You need a melt warmer or candle warmer to melt them, and once they do, they release their scent into the air and make your house smell delicious! There are some pretty cool melt warmers out there too. Some melt the tarts with electric, but most use a standard tea light (you can get these at the dollar store in packs of 50 and 100 for...well...$1.00! Tarts are a great alternative for those of us that can't commit to one scent for very long. Once the wax hardens up, you pop it out and change the scent. You can even mix scents for your own custom blends....strawberry and vanilla, hot apple pie and vanilla, etc.

I'm always open to suggestions! Got a scent you'd love to have? Just drop me a note, I'd be glad to create it for you!

1 comment:

ajsweetsoap said...

OMG do these look incredible! I want to eat them!