Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yummmmm.....candy corn!


Alright, if you haven't heard me say it before, I'll say it now...I'm a Halloween junkie. Yup! I love it. One of the things I love most about it is....Candy Corn!! So yesterday, I found myself in the right place at the right time, and I managed to snag a treasury. I don't have the patience to stalk these things, like some of the harder core treasury makers, I guess that makes me a lightweight, but I do enjoy making them when I get the opportunity.

So yesterday, for the first time, I managed to open my door and turn down the AC, and I thought, what better way to celebrate the upcoming fall season, than a treasury to honor *the* bestest fall candy, the candy corn? I just need a slight chill in the air. Unfortunately, I think that's a long time coming.

Now I know some of you are gagging, sitting here reading this, thinking "Eeeewww, what is she THINKING? That stuff is sooooooo gross!!" Let me just say, there is nothing better than taking a can of salted peanuts and mixing it with a bag of candy corn. MMMM...Tastes like that old candy with the roasted nuts on the outside and the white fluffy inside, and is the perfect blend of salty and sweet.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Mmm, Candy Corn, indeed!
Have you tried the Hershey Kisses Candy Corn-flavored? Not quite right...I think they taste like Cotton Candy, but okay, nonetheless.

As for Fall, I'm not ready for that!

Auntie Dis said...

Ooooh, I haven't tried those yet, but I think I shall have to! :) Any excuse to try a new sweet! Thanks for giving me the 411 about them!