Sunday, September 28, 2008

Getting Ready to Go Home


So we've spent most of our weekend camping in Myrtle Beach. It's been gorgeous, the weather was perfect, a little chill in the air at night, and high 70's/low 80's during the day. Those of you that know me, know that when I say 'camping'...I certainly don't mean roughing it....like....in a *cough* tent *cough* or something.... LOL We have a camper, a 27' travel trailer that we tote along with us. Momma doesn't ever "ROUGH" it. There's just something about having your own (clean) bathroom that is fabulous!

Anyway, we set up at the local KOA (Kampgrounds of America). It's normally very nice anyway, but at this time of year, it's quite empty. Everyone must be done camping for the year. Anyway, two spots over from us is a 'permanent' camper. That means that the camper has been put down, leveled out, and people live there full time. It has a deck built around it and everything. The people have a golf cart parked in the side yard. All well and nice, it looks neat, it's well taken care of. And now we know why. Every single morning at 8 AM, the man and woman come outside and fire up their trusty leaf blower and wet down the camper with a hose and blow off the deck and 'dry' it with the leaf blower and paper towels. Yesterday they mowed their lawn at 8:15. Now, I'm all about keeping up with your stuff, we take very good care of our camper also, but we don't do it right when the clock tells me that quiet time (from 11 PM to 8 AM) is over. GAH! Another one of those times that I wish I had a paintball gun so that I could shoot them. I swear I'm going to get one. I wonder if there's such a thing as the paintball equivalent of a sniper rifle. Ooooh....I will have to check into that. I'll need one of those. And the equivalent of a paintball machine gun so that I can spray offending drivers that piss me off whilst driving. I've wanted one of those for the longest time, and not only may it help people realize they're driving like jackasses, but I know it will make me feel better.

Well, we're in the process of packing up and getting out of here, so I guess I better get off the computer and help. I don't want there to be too much to do when we get back, because next weekend we're turning this sucker around and going to Asheboro, NC for the weekend. I have a show there. Those of you in the area should stop by and check out the Asheboro Fall Festival!

I did manage to snag a treasury last night after a nice walk on the beach. The dog wanted to chase the sandpipers and seagulls, which kinda sucked, because there was a leash law, so I got dragged along with her. The water was warm enough to dip our feet in. When we got back, the little nip in the air, made me think of the upcoming fall festivities, so I chose to do a Halloween treasury. I hope you enjoy it!

Have a great lazy Sunday everyone!

No comments: